TaylorMade R11 Fairway Wood
Details of TaylorMade R11 Fairway Wood:
The TaylorMade R11 Fairway Wood
is the latest and greatest from the makers of the No.1 drivers and woods in golf. It has new technology, like an adjustable sole that can adjust the face angle of the club, as well as the ability to adjust the launch angle, making it a truly adjustable fairway wood. This club promotes up to 60 yards of side-to-side trajectory change and 1,000 RPM backspin change, giving you consistent power and distance. It has a new deeper face and deeper center of gravity, which produces a more penetrating flight. The white non-glare crown and black clubface (which provides easy alignment) will improve your game and that sleek white finish will make you the center of attention on the course and in the clubhouse.
Features of TaylorMade R11 Fairway Wood:
• Shaft: Fujikura Blur 70
• Adjust the loft with Flight Control Technology (FCT)
• Adjust the face angle with the new Adjustable Sole Plate (ASP)
1) When you change the clubhead's loft using FCT, you're also forced to change the face angle – increase loft and the face angle closes; decrease loft and the face angle opens. Adjustable Sole Plate solves that problem by allowing you to adjust the face angle independently of the loft, which is controlled by FCT.
2) The ASP sole plate provides ±2° of face angle change (neutral/square, 2° open, 2° closed). You can create three lofts with the same face angle, or you can further accentuate a face angle or counter a negative face angle. Plus, the combination of ASP and FCT effectively doubles the range of face angle for the club for ±2° to ±4°.
3) One nice feature of the fairway wood is the reduced sole area, designed for less turf resistance at impact. The fairway contact area is 35% less than that of the R9. This should translate into fewer fat shots and more consistent flight off the deck.