Callaway - which has created many iconic drivers in its history, including the original Big Bertha - has answered with the Callaway Diablo Octane Driver. With 8 Yards Longer Than Titanium! The equation is relatively simple: longer shaft (arc) + lighter weight = greater clubhead speed. Greater speed = longer drives.
Callaway Diablo Octane Driver is fueled by Forged Composite, which is the lightest, strongest material ever used in golf clubs. The new Callaway Diablo Octane Driver features that Forged Composite in the crown, giving it a significant performance advantage over all-titanium drivers. These drivers are configured to deliver unmatched power through superior design, construction and materials. The crown contains 10 million turbostratic carbon fibers that make up 33% of the clubhead, allowing Callaway to precisely control thickness like never before. The result is a clubhead that is lighter but still has an extremely high moment of inertia. This lighter clubhead enables a longer club configuration for faster head speed and ball speed for up to eight additional yards over the Diablo Edge. The chemical milling process selectively removes excess material for precision thickness control across the face and consistently high ball speeds for long distance.
• Forged Composite™: Revolutionary new material that's lighter, stronger than titanium, with 10 million turbostratic carbon fibers that reinforce 33% of the clubhead. The lighter clubhead still has an extremely high MOI and allows for a longer shaft that generates faster head and ball speeds for an average 8 extra yards over Diablo Edge™ Driver.
• Hyperbolic Face Technology™: Produces consistently high ball speeds across the face by using a chemical reduction process to selectively remove excess material for precision thickness control.
• Project X™ Graphite Shaft: Longer, high performance shaft is designed as the ideal complement to the Diablo Octane Driver to maximize performance and enhance feel.
• No offset
• Grip: Callaway Rubber Composition
• Crown Construction: Composite
• Face Construction: Titanium
• USGA conforming grooves